SJB School of Architecture and Planning aspires to provide a pro- poor, pro- rural focus to a profession that is otherwise perceived to be elitist and urban. The vision of the School is to ‘think global and serve locally’, a tradition followed by His Holiness Balagangadhranatha Swamiji all his life.
The School aspires to be a ‘one-stop’ destination for courses encompassing most disciplines that can be classified as part of the ‘Built Environment’. In its early years, two under graduate programs- Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Planning will co- exist and complement two inseparable professions. As soon as these two primary offerings of the School achieve stability, the focus will shift to bringing about specialized disciplines such as Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design and Construction Management emerging as the most comprehensive School in south India, with the aim of providing world class planning for cities and rural areas.
To help students develop a global outlook, student exchange programs will be initiated with leading universities from the UK, USA, Australia and Far East. To bring students and professors from around the world to SJBSAP, the School will offer ‘Curated Architectural tours’, giving them option to explore Indian heritage and Architecture.
With dedicated faculty and supportive and noble management, the School intends to emerge as a leader and hub of comprehensive education in ‘Built Environment’.
- Only School of Architecture in Karnataka that has studios & workshops open 24 x 7 for students benefit.
- Offers maximum number of guest lectures by eminent Architects & Artists.
- SJB SAP Faculty Led Architecture Appreciation & Cultural Tours are most admired across the country with many older, established Schools encouraging their students to be part of it.
- SJB SAP students visited 5 countries under faculty supervision before they completed one year of the course.
- The new building of SJB SAP under construction, designed by national award winning architects Gayatri&Namith Architects is the largest, most expensive structure dedicated to Architecture in Karnataka.
- First in Karnataka to introduce Hands on Construction Workshops where students actually build various building components themselves.
- Only School in Karnataka offering ‘Open House’ sessions, allowing prospective students to attend sample classes conducted for B. Arch students, with prior appointment.