Sanjay Gandhi College of Education was established in the year 1980 at Bangalore with an aim of promoting quality based teacher education. Our Chairman Dr.Sadasivan's potentialities, democratic attitude and vision are the guiding and inspiring force behind this institution.
This institution offers the course in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed). It is recognised by NCTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Bangalore University and admitted to Grant-in-Aid from Government of Karnataka.
The main objective of this institution is to produce competent and committed teachers. During the last 33 years, nearly 3500 students from various states such as Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, West Bengal, Jarkhand & Gujarat have successfully completed B.Ed.training from our institution. The institution has got highly qualified and well experienced teachers to train the students. The teaching and guidance are given in different languages via English, Kannada and Hindi. Students pass out with good number of distinction, and 1st class every year. The meritorious students are given scholarship.
- To introduce the prospective student teachers to the fundamentals of education through various papers prescribed in B.Ed. course.
- To equip the student teachers to acquire competencies and skills required for effective teaching and become reflective practitioners.
- To acquaint the student teachers with information and communication technology and its application in teaching and learning in 21st century.
- To draw out the innate talents of student teachers through various curricular and co-curricular activities.
- To empower student teachers to develop rational thinking and scientific attitude.
- To sensitize the student teachers and teacher educators towards the social realities, issues and challenges.
- To promote capabilities for inculcating and integrating value based education in schools.
- To encourage student teachers for community participation and social service through various community based activities.
- To provide placement services to the student teachers so as to help in their career establishment.
- To produce efficient teachers as human resource who can promote healthy citizenship contributing towards national development.
Courses & Fees