Educators prepare students for the class of 2030, the need to re imagine learning is critical to their success. Like the disappearance of the typewriter, the black board and the auditorium style classroom, the assessment of rote learning and judging students by marks shall also need to be re aligned.
We know that 70% of the careers open today will be taken over by Artificial Intelligence.
What will survive is creativity, speed and critical thinking.
Read: 5 big changes every future classroom will need for the new era of education
How some schools are reimagining the learning process
Some future-ready schools are already talking about and implementing the following learning methods to boost strategic intelligence among students:
1. Competency-based learning is an approach to learning used to acquire concrete skills over abstract learning. Rather than a module, every individual skill or learning outcome is one single unit. Learners work on one learning goal.
The student is evaluated one competency at a time. This is a small component of a larger skilling process, but the individual can move to the next level only after mastering each skill.
Read: Peer learning: Can students learn from each other without any teacher present?
2. Adaptive learning assists students in learning as efficiently and effectively as possible. Technology today can scale the benefits of 1-on-1 mentorship, providing each learner with a personalized course, which adjusts in real-time for his/her performance and engagement level.
3. Learners receive right content at the right time, maximizing learning efficiency, effectiveness and engagement.
4. Educators grasp cohort dynamics through real-time analytics and know what their learners are struggling with, so they can quickly adapt instruction.
5. Content authors validate what kind of content works or does not, so they are able to keep it relevant and dynamic.
6. Connections will become increasingly important as technology empowers school stakeholders.
7. Collaborative learning and information sharing will be on fast forward as evolution becomes increasingly dynamic and focused.
Read: Collaborative Learning: This is why we need to shift our focus from the individual to the society in education
8. Quick decision making will be the new mantra. This generation has a very short attention span and believe in instant gratification and if the system does not keep pace with providing crisp, curated, relevant information with easy accessibility it would be worthless.
9. Efficient and contemporary teaching resources available in real-time on the mobile with the least amount of fuss will keep teachers future-ready.
We need to completely re-imagine the learning process and boost strategic intelligence to prepare the classes of 2030. Here are 9 learning methodologies and education changes being implemented in new-age schools to prepare for the future.
Source : https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/featurephilia/story/9-learning-methods-new-age-schools-are-implementing-1635604-2020-01-10
Design education, much like the wider industry, is lacking in diversity – here, Design Week sp ....
BENGALURU: The state higher education department has sought a factual report on the appointment of B ....
Statistics show that students from all over India (and abroad) make a beeline for Bangalore to pursu ....
LUCKNOW: Registrations for the Common Admission Test (CAT), to make it to Indian Inst ....
A recent survey found that most number of students from across the country choose to pursue higher e ....